Monday, March 19, 2012

Home from my adventures

Played Crib on Saturday Morning... I did okay until my first 69. By my second 69 I guessed that I was probably out of it. They were giving out free drink tickets for a hand of 17 (In honour of St. Patricks day) and 24. I tried to convince the organizer that I should get a drink for the two 69 hands because that was pretty unusual. He didn't fall for it and told me I had to do better than that. The very next hand I got a 24. Didn't win the game, but I got a drink. I told everyone after that that I wasn't there to play cards... I was just in it for the booze. Wouldn't you know it!? I got two more drinks tickets. As least my trip wasn't wasted. The Pas Legion did a wonderful job. They were so organized and had so many volunteers. The food was wonderful. We expected maybe some muffins and coffee in the morning but they had full breakfasts. We entered the Rainbow Auction and we won a tool chest for Jim. We had car-pooled with another couple and fortunatly they had a van that we could fit it into. It is a two story tool chest on wheels. Not great quality but certainly better than the nothing we currently have. It is a long drive, but since Darryl went at 120 almost all the way it was shorter than it could have been. 546 Km one way from here. Our clubs are sharing the mileage so we will only put in for the one way, and they will claim the other half from Gladstone Legion. All in all a really good time. And I still have today off work! It is thick fog right now, but supposed to clear up. Of course they are predicting snow by next weekend. Welcome to Manitoba

No comments:

Post a Comment