Friday, March 23, 2012

Now I've done it in March!

Riding my bike, that is.  We had to go over to Pan-Am clinic to buy material for another little splint, and passed by Gord's Cycle and Ski on the way.  They had a sale on so we went in. I had a fall last fall that damaged my helmut, and they are talking about implementing a helmut law here, so we looked and found a nice one at 50% off.  Orange and black to go with my bright yellow sweat shirt and red bike.  Then we were off to River City Sports to buy Jeremy a birthday gift, which we also found for 50% off.  A quick stop at Timmie's where I won yet another free coffee--haven't paid for one in over two weeks.

Once home, David checked out the bikes and we headed over to the library.  Had a discussion on how to use the bicycle lock that hasn't been used in two or three years,  then around a couple of blocks and home.  I'm going into detail because, once home again, I was really tired.  My endurance has really suffered over the past 18 months, and there seems to be a rather long recovery time associated with it. Just the 6 blocks we rode, in total, caused my left shoulder to ache a bit.  Looking at the things we have planned for July, I figure that the only way I'm going to survive is to devote the next three months into bettering myself. So, starting today, we're going to try to get back in the habit of cycling every day, trying to eat vegetables at least once a day, and reducing our carb intake.  I'm going to try to limit naps so that I sleep better at night.

Are you both rolling on the floor laughing?

I'm not setting any firm goals, as that might lead to thinking I've failed, but I do have a general idea of what I hope to accomplish. For today, I'm grateful for new beginnings, even if they have to be experienced over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment