Friday, March 16, 2012

Home again, home again Jiggety jig

A busy two days and we both came home exhausted.  Saw both the plastic surgeon and the OT Wednesday morning before we left, and everyone is happy, with a return appointment on April 30th.  Keep the finger immobilized until then.

This meant that we left Winnipeg via hwy 75, but once across the border  took a side trip through Hallock and got back onto hwy 59.  We just didn't want to travel both ways by the same route. Spent the night in Mahnomen, where they gave me a very nice notepad case for my birthday.  Thursday we headed for Fargo, where I bought beads ( lots of beads!).  Then home in time for supper.  There was snow to be seen going down but very litttle coming home, one day later. Lots of geese around, but the ditches are mostly dry and there was very little water on the fields. The visual image of the very low water in the rivers was a little frightening, as, usually, this time of year they are overflowing.

Today, Amber and I are going for pedicures, something we had planned some time ago. Tomorrow I have a quilt guild meeting, and then on Sunday, an all-day meeting out in Pinawa. Cathy, I wish you pleasure and success on your trip to The Pas.   I hope you do well, and I'll be silently cheering you on over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment