Saturday, March 24, 2012

Out for supper

Tomorrow is Jeremy's birthday, so tonight we were off to the Pancake House at the Forks for supper.  I virtuously ordered a spinach salad, and then they served it with with cheese garlic toast!  Both David and Loren had the Giant Apple Pancake and neither of them could finish it.  It was just so-o-o very rich, and crusted with brown sugar.  I sure don't remember that much brown sugar on them.  Now I have to send Gillian the recipe.  I think this is the first time I've been there and not ordered the giant apple.  I sure couldn't have eaten it!  And, of course, Jeanne's cake.  Nothing virtuous about that meal!

I have planned to give the girls wooden boxes, that I've made, for their birthdays, and struggled to find something similar for Jeremy.  I found the small box with a sliding top that was Dad's.  It had Dad's slide rule inside, so I asked Loren and he thought the slide rule would be a fantastic gift--along with a Jet's T-shirt.  So that is what I did.  Jeremy was thrilled with the slide rule--moreso than the t-shirts.  I told him that I couldn't tell him how to use i,t and he would have to look it up on the internet, only to find out that he has given up the internet for Lent!

Today, I'm grateful for second chances. What a joy it is to see my grandchildren becoming real people.

No comments:

Post a Comment