Sunday, March 4, 2012

Busy time for all

It was a nice warm and fuzzy feeling for me to hear about your being in Neepawa together and having the day turn out to be perfect (my impression, that is!) Albeit Patty had her hands full teaching a class full of eager beaders, and Dave apparently had his hands full driving out in the ice and snow, but it all went well according to the blog comments from Patty and with my call to Cathy this afternoon. This was her Birthday call and I choose today so you would be home (not at work) and likely be more receptive to the call. I am busy fighting the snow shovelling and keeping the green house warm at –22 degrees. But I managed to multitask today cleaning the turtle tank totally – that is, emptying it and cleaning everything, and then filling it again. The turtle stayed in a big plastic container while I did the dirty work! As well cooked a pork tenderloin, a blueberry cobbler, and baked potatoes for supper, and panicked about the greenhouse by drying all the blankets and replacing them onto the outside. Three nights forecast for –20 something temps and then it is supposed to get warmer. On Tuesday we are taking Aunt Evelyn out for lunch at Swiss Chalet (her choice) since it was her idea, and also her birthday on Wednesday. We have yet to go to Sprucedale to check the house but the real estate lady stated that the price is too high and so negotiated a reduction with Harry and he must go tomorrow to sign the papers to make it so. I am beat tonight and I think it is an accumulation of the intense physical work activities that have consumed my life lately. Five days of constant snow and shovelling starts to insult the poor old body, although I keep telling myself that it is good exercise and should help me with the weight control haha  So with that happy thought I shall get ready for bed and hope the coming week shall bring forth good things for us all! You have some fun on your Birthday tomorrow Cathy and I will be thinking of you all day! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment