Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hurry up and wait

Tomorrow I go back to "Plastics", for 8:30, and then to the OT.  Then we take the sewing machine in for a tune up ( the timing is out),  then find breakfast, and then-finally- hit the road for the States.  We've been getting ready for days, it seems, for a two day trip.  We'll be back Thursday evening.

The melt continues.  There is snow only over the flower beds on the south side of the back yard, and a pile on the front lawn where David was blowing it off the driveway.  This morning we enjoyed the sight of a little girl ( accompanied by Mom and a younger sib) stomping on the ice over the puddles where the driveway meets the city sidewalk.  She looked to be 3-4, and was having an absolute ball.  Mom even helped her where there was a stubborn patch, but by afternoon it was mainly gone.  It feels good to have the sun in my face, and yet, I know myself, and expect that I won't be leaving the basement to sit in the sun too often.  I never do.  However, depending on what happens with my finger, I may be doing a lot less sewing, over the next few months.  When I was Urgent care they said 6 weeks of immobilization, then the OT said 8 weeks, and Friday my own doctor said 12 weeks.  And if that doesn't do the trick it is another 6-12 weeks, and then they might consider Surgery, which would mean another 6-12 weeks.  As happened last year, David will help out with anything I ask, but I still get frustrated at not being able to do things for myself.

Boy, am I ever getting a lot of books read! There was a review in the paper last weekend of a biography of Humphrey Bogart, and I asked about it at the library.  They gave me a choice of regular or large print, and of course, I asked for the large print.  I guess if you remember Humphrey Bogart, you're old enough for large print. I've read a few biographies lately, and have been surprised at how much I enjoyed them. 

So today I'm grateful for the sun, and I'm grateful for the ability to read-I would be beside myself without my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment