Friday, March 23, 2012

Really bizarre to see flowers up

and the rhubarb here is also popping up. It is supposed to be cold again by the weekend so hoping things don't set back. Unfortunately the good weather has ended the maple season here and the poor people whose work is so dependent on a good season are suffering. Harry's friend who runs Matthews Maple Products, says they have been able to capture only half the expected sap from the trees, before they dried up, and the resultant syrup markets will be cut just as much. Always an up and a down to everything!
I saw my first robin the other day and since have seen several but it is always my first sign of spring and always brings a happy feeling. I took Aunt Evelyn to the Show on Wed night and she was so delighted and laughed all the way through the performance and this made me so thrilled to have asked her to attend. It was a hilarious show and well worth the free tickets I had to go! (you can see a sample by logging on Nancy Choquette – La Diva)
So it is Friday already and the days seem to blend one into the other. I have our Income Tax ready to take to the accountant and since I always have to pay $$$ I am never in a hurry to get them done – at least I don't send in my money to Receiver General until towards end of April. I got a call from the Storage Unit owner yesterday morning and had to run over to the unit because he had others report water – sure enough we were also experiencing the same – I moved some of the articles up a bit but there is really little I can do to rectify the situation right now. He offered me another unit which I saw was dry but too much of a pain for me to move everything. It holds much of the overflow from the moving and emptying of Mothers house so I'll just wait it out until things dry up and then look at it all again. It was meant as a short term rental but these days who knows!
Have a nice weekend folks, and keep praying for winter to be over for good. Should I be counting the days until my trip or do you think I'm a little too early/excited to do that this early! haha Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment