Saturday, March 24, 2012

Couldn't let you get away with that.....

...so I got my bike out today after a few weeks of wanting to. Pumped the tires up, and took it for a spin on our street. But the dog was out with me and she thought I was wanting to play with her – she was not sure why I was on a bike and proceeded to run circles around me with great expectations of playfulness. Soooo, I couldn't continue and unwillingly brought the bike back to the lock up and comforted the dog who still thought I should be playing with her. Next time I shall sneak out alone! Colder tonight so I think our summer is now over! We went to Mothers again today and brought back the rest of the rhubarb and also chives which are now planted in our yard. I transplanted a few more seedlings and got the heat on early in the greenhouses as it really feels cold – I think we are just not used to this temperature after having broken all records for the last week or so with high temps. Maybe sleeplessness is affecting us all Cathy as I also have great trouble in having a good sleep – I can usually fall asleep fairly quickly but after an hour or so awake and then struggle the rest of the night – I try to find a good position in bed on my side and usually this allows me to fall asleep again but most times I watch the clock – no wonder I am up at 5 am drinking coffee!! I believe it is better to prepare yourself for a good sleep by not eating anything for a few hours before bed and then have a settling drink such as warm milk, or sleepytime tea! Also, I have read that limited stimulus is better ie no TV or radio but I love to have the radio on as I try to fall asleep. I guess we may be our own worst enemies. Nothing but hockey on tonight and the Toronto Maple Leafs – if they showed the Winnipeg Jets game I may be more interested, so I think I'll head to bed early. We dropped into the Sprucedale Flea Market this morning and I bought two more pocket books – I know I am trying not to buy but can't resist and these are two authors I love. So perhaps I'll start one tonight. I appreciated your comments Patty about low carb and better nutritional eating so I pulled out my Curves handbook and had a bit of a read again about ideas for meals that are low carb. I am a carb addict according to this book and I readily believe this. Yesterday I made half a batch of Edna's cookies and ate them all up by supper tonight. And I had two slices of raisin toast with bovril for breakfast. So I wonder why I cant' stay trim and healthy when I love carbs and can't resist! I think another issue with me is that I "feed stress" where others can "starve stress". I guess I could have worse habits though so better not to worry about this slight transgression? Anyway, it seems we are all in this together so lets enjoy it and not worry. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment