Friday, March 30, 2012

Trying to build my energy and get on with it...

A cold really saps what you have and without having much reserve to bolster yourself,  can really lay you flat...but I am determined to forge ahead regardless. I get through the nights with great difficulty but come morning, and feeling a bit better, the plans for the day start to emerge without thoughts of the pending night time coming again. We got your Income tax returns back from accountant yesterday and was as I expected, so no surprises and I have to pay again which I'll do closer to end of April.
The radio station has a fund raiser for Association of Developmental Challenged Youth – the organization is volunteered based and assists these youth with equipment and programs. The two morning announcers stay up for 53 hours and broadcast non stop with hope of raising at least $1000.00 an hour. They are now in hour 50 and a bit shy of the goal but see the end of the marathon approaching. Usually at this point some corporate sponsors come forward with large donations and historically the goal is surpassed. Yesterday they had some medical problems – both of them became dehydrated and had to be relieved at different times and it was a big concern – they had the Manager of the station come on air to explain their primary goal would be for the health and safety of their announcers but still totally committed to the telethon continuing. They had another announcer come in to fill in and relieve the other two while each of them took some time to refresh and rehydrate. They are both back on now together to end the show at 10 am but I bet will take the entire weekend to recover.
A bit of snow and very cold temperatures are still apparent here and with not feeling well, it has taken all I had to ensure the greenhouses would survive the cold. I went to change the propane heater last night and noticed that the plants although enduring the weather, are in great need of attention and so hoping perhaps today I can get in there and water and organize a bit. Pinta! I heard from Aunt Evelyn that her neighbours were covering up their tulips etc – forget that here!
Yesterday I pulled out my unfinished quilt and my box of yoyos and attempted to see how many more yoyos I might need to make in order to embellish the quilt top as I envision it to be. A lot of work still required but the thrill was to actually look at it and I did accomplish to make about another half dozen yoyos. The alternative was to go to bed and I really did not want to do that!  So have a good weekend all, and hopefully a few nice bike rides – my bike riding will have to wait for awhile yet. Take care
 

No comments:

Post a Comment