Friday, March 15, 2013

I am back on...

After promising to write on the blog, wouldn't you know that our Server went crazy and I was not able to log on. I was on the phone last evening for about an hour with a most obliging Technician but to no avail. The Server has been doing servicing in the early mornings for about a week to upgrade but apparently has a few "bugs" to work out. When I tried to log on, the Server bounced me back and forth between IP addresses and consequently prevented me to get in. I will not pretent to understand, but the Technician said it was now beyond his ability after trying several attempts and options to help me, so he would have to 'send it up the ladder' to the IT department. Apparently something has been done or, the IP selector is behaving right now. I was not the only customer with this problem and I could sense the frustration in the Techician although now directed at me at all. He was very nice - I have always got very patient and helpful advice when I have had to call. Anyway, so here I am.......
How about some more snow? I spent this afternoon shoveling after about 6 inches of the white fluffy stuff fell last night and this morning. I even did the roof again because I was not going to jeopardize all the work I've done all winter for the sake of thinking this snowfall would not harm anything. I really probably did not have to as the sun in the next few days would likely melt it, but I was not going to take any chances. I helped Harry in the greenhouses this afternoon as he wanted to get out and do some transplanting so I was there to fetch and carry. I've put them to bed for the night and have not lite any propane even though it is a bit colder these past few nights. I put some extra blankets over the smaller one but expect that the wind may blow them off. Always take the dog out first thing in the morning and also check the temps and so far been lucky. I wish this winter would be over! Anxious to hear all the news from the weekend and thinking of Cathy and Jim as they win the Provincials. I am also guessing that Patty and Dave had great fun celebrating last night. I went this morning for a Pharmacy Consultation - 30 minutes free to review your medications -  arranged with the Pharmacist to discuss changes to benefits and cost of drugs as I lose my benefits and move into the Ontario Drug Plan at age 65.He was not there as arranged as he went to a funeral, and the replacement although very obliging, was also very busy so there I stood at the open counter as she tried to answer my questions, and greet customers and pour pills. All in all very unproductive and frustrating. I left at least with a form that I need my Doctor to complete for one of my meds in order to be covered, but doesn't that mean I now have to make a Doctor appointment??? Ugh
Anyway, must go for now. Have a good weekend. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment