Saturday, March 2, 2013

Wiggle my nose?

If I could I would wiggle my nose and transport myself immediately to Neepawa for this coming weekend, I'd be there.  Patty doing her course, and then family get together - lots of fun! And throw in a few birthdays such as March 5 and March 14, and an anniversary March 8, and voila - more exciting times. I am nibbling on some caramel  popcorn that we made - second try at a Kraft recipe for microwave caramel popcorn. The first try did not turn out too great so with a few adaptations, this second one is just OK. Worked in the greenhouses all morning, and after a little rest, apparently, we shall be going out again. Transplating seedlings now as they are starting to grow better now that there are warmer days. Still not really warm enough but maybe this week with some forecasted sunny days, things will change. Went down to minus 14 C last night and yet I still did not fire up the propane heaters and have my fingers crossed that I can be as lucky again tonight. I am probably pushing it a bit but hey, why not try! I pulled out my yoyos to have a look - has been quite a while since I did any work on them and actually, I only looked at them again - did not do any actual work. But it is the thought that counts. I met a lady at the post office the other day who I know to be an excellent quilter from town. She told me she has been inside most of winter because it has been so harsh, but that she managed to complete a quilt and proceeded to tell me about it. It sounded so nice and gave me an urge to want to do something myself. So looking at my stuff is a great way to satisfy that urge don't you think? My friend Sue, emailed the other day to say she is tired of this winter and suggested we book our Spring Luncheon date so that we could look forward to it - so May 1 has been chosen and hopefully it will come to be. It is true that if you have something specific planned, then the time goes by nicely.Example being my trips to Winnipeg - I get so much enjoyment out of the anticipation. But alas, no plans for this year (yet) The outdoors beckons so I will sign off for now - tonight is Saturday so I look forward to my date with Randy Bachman and then winning the lottery later - good luck! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment