Saturday, March 23, 2013

Saturday at last

  and here I am sitting, drinking my tea and blogging.  Life is good.  I got the staples out yesterday and my tummy feels way better without them pulling at me.  (Of course my tummy is really sore since I have to pay lotsa tax this year.  Money in and money out and out and out........) The doctor says that the pain in my side should be gone in a few weeks.  It is just my insides healing.  Kik gave us Netflix for Christmas, but I have only been able to access it on my computer so far, since curling is on.  I like curling, but it can get to be too much when you want to watch something different for a change.  I know, Beth  At least I get the curling.  Today Jim is going to help me clean out the freezer. I still can't bend over comfortably. At least not enough to clean the freezer and I need to know what is down at the bottom.  I also have to go shopping.  I have lots of stuff in the pantry but nothing in the fridge.  It is hard to believe it is spring when I get up in the morning and it is 25 below.  It is supposed to warm up by next weekend but I guess I will believe it when it happens.  Meanwhile I stay curled up in the house.   Since I am not all better yet, I have an excuse not to clean the bathroom or wash the floors.  They will still be there and still be dirty when I feel better.  I think I need some kind of magic elf to do the work for me while I am sleeping. Maybe I can borrow one from Hogwarts.  We get our offers from Teranet on April 12 and we have until April 26 to decide if we are staying or going.  I am staying since there is really no other comparable job in Neepawa, and if I choose to stay with the government they can send me anywhere in the province.  I hope to retire in 6 or 7 years (or with a lottery win )  so I can stick it out.  I have heard nothing on my request for acting status. Elizabeth says I will have to contact Winnipeg to find out what is happening.  I would like it in place before we get our offers from Teranet.  It makes be feel like a "bitch"  when I keep asking about it.  Oh well.... the squeaky wheel and all that rot.  Meanwhile, I have a weekend at home and curling on TV!  Hope you both have a great week ahead.






No comments:

Post a Comment