Saturday, March 30, 2013

Musing yet again

I read in today's paper that a man has successfully sued Disney World, for pain and suffering, after he had been left stranded on the ride "It's a Small World" for over 30 minutes, while they had been unable to turn the music off.  I went on that ride.  I was never so glad to get off a ride before, nor since.  That  same four line song over and over and over and over.  I think he earned every penny of the $8000--the hard way.  And I mean it.

David bought his new LED, 39" flat screen tv today. It fits the living room beautifully ( we measured)  It has been years since we had a new tv, having got the last couple at garage sales, usually from Amber and Darren.  This means that we have to get a High Definition box from Shaw, but they don't have any right now, ( We're on the waiting list).  It still looks a lot better than the old one, and fits the space much, much better.

I've been having more problems with my hands, and think I'm probably seeing the end of my ability to stitch by hand, and to sew on beads.  This makes me very sad.  But in the past, recognizing that I'm down has usually given me the ability to deal with the "blues". However the future may work out, my friend Dianne is coming over tomorrow to spend the day in the studio with me, and she can always make me laugh.  And I am still able keyboard and play poker.

For today, I'm grateful that we have anew tv.  It was time.  And I am, again, grateful for prune juice.


No comments:

Post a Comment