Saturday, March 16, 2013

weekend plans

Yesterday, while sifting through my e-mail, I found an announcement that a site I joined last summer--The Quilt Show--is putting all of their shows on for free viewing this weekend, to celebrate International Quilt Day or some such event.  This show has been on the internet for a few years, and puts out a new, one hour show, every two weeks.  I have really enjoyed their shows, and think the $35/year, I paid to join, as money really well spent.  But I've only been able to view shows that have come on since I joined.  To view any of the older ones ( well over 100 of them) I would have had to pay $3/show.  So, starting last night, I have been immersing myself in their shows, picking and choosing a bit.  I'm even comfortable leaving a show, if I find it doesn't interest me--something I would never do if I actually had to pay for it.

Tonight we're out for Chinese food with my friend Rose Anne.  Between all of this social life, and trying to get my quilting done, the house has suffered. This morning I tackled the bathroom.  Not my favourite job, but "tis done.  David vacuumed on Thursday, so I don't have to worry about the floors.  The dishwasher is clean--for once, and the only other job for this weekend is that hideous cupboard under the sink--the one where we keep the garbage.  It is physically hard to get down to clean it as thoroughly as I would like, which means that the job sometimes gets left longer than it should.  I have that to look forward to tomorrow.
And in the meantime, I'm drinking tea, eating graham wafers and playing on the computer.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment