Friday, March 29, 2013

Productive days

are really great, but somehow it should be later than it is.  Breakfast was made and eaten. The dishes are done, the last load of laundry is in the dryer, the kitchen is tidied, the floors are cleaned.   I shoveled out Rrain's shed (there wasn't much snow) and hauled all her empty boxes out.  I've played a couple of games on the computer and decided it was happy hour and I would have a glass of wine.  It's only 12:30!  This is just not right!  The best part is, I have 3 more days to go!  I really needed the break.  I have been so busy at work trying to catch up from being off sick and doing 2 jobs.  Shirley & Patty were puttering around, organizing papers, talking,,,,,, and there was Cathy... too busy to stop and breathe.  The bad part is I am making mistakes because I am trying to get all my work done in too  much of a hurry.  I did get an email saying my acting status was approved and would be retroactive to Jan 1.  That should get me a bit of back pay.  It will go on bills, but at least I will have some money to pay the bills.  The weather is warming up a bit finally.  Not as warm as they originally forecast, but we will have a couple of days above zero.  I want spring to come, but we really don't need a quick melt because of the flood risk.  Maybe it could get warm just around here.  All we have is the Whitemud and its idea of flooding is to reach the highway.   We are having turkey on Sunday.  Rrain is coming over.  Kris & Sandi are in Souris.  Her whole family will be there (even the ones from Alberta)  Kris's new store opens in a couple of weeks.  He says it will be really nice and new.  He will be busy but I think he is looking forward to being there.  Not to the move though.  I am going to get  Rrain to help me hook up NetFlix on Sunday.  We have a tv downstairs that is capable, but I usually watch upstairs so I am going to see if we can hook something up.  If not, Jim will just have to give up his TV occasionally.  I think he will like netflix since it has so many old shows and classic movies (as well as the "girlie" movies that he likes though he hates it when I call them that)  The dryer is calling me.  Today I am really grateful that I will have some time off with no housework yelling at me to get done.  It has been a while.  (of course I am ignoring my office.  It doesn't count)  Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment