Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Musings and navel gazings

I know we have been phoning more lately, but phone calls are only two way, not three, so someone gets left out.  Please don't forget to blog.

I have been a little weepy today, which means I'm a little depressed, and I think I figured out why.  Everyone worries about "decade" birthdays, but those "eights" seem to get to me more.  The worst was a couple of months after Amber was born, and the end of having children, then the next occurred during a difficult time, personally.  Then came the one about the first time I actually had to face the reality of being old enough to be a grandmother.  Next was the one when I retired for the last time, and actually had to face surrendering my professional licence, and losing the individual identity that went with it.  With this one, I'm facing the reality of an aging body, and all that entails.  None of these may be all that horrible, but just enough to feel a little sorry for myself, for awhile.

On a brighter note, I am making great strides with my latest quilted piece,and have the next pretty well planned, in my mind.  Tomorrow I hope to buy some "tracing parchment" to use in drafting the actual pattern, and, if I'm lucky, the thread I ordered to make it will arrive in the mail.  I'm grateful that the Post Office appears to have their act together and things are arriving in short order, from Canadian sources. I'm also grateful that the person ( I think it's a woman--at least it was last time this happened) who delivers the paper was only at the foot of the driveway, when I looked out at 4:00am this morning, and not yet at the door, because I was only wearing my nightie.

No comments:

Post a Comment