Saturday, November 30, 2013

Another weekend is here...

Oh where is the time going? And really nothing to show for it. Not like Cathy who is in production and the Show on stage already, nor like Patty whose butterfly art I just enjoyed on her other blog.  I have shoveled snow though, so that's something to write about haha
This year's copy of The Prairie Garden 2014 arrived in the mail the other day. It is the 75th Anniversary book and celebrated the many past years of the book with history and names. Phyllis's name came up in several different articles about the book and it was very nice to see that and then reminisce a bit. The book's main theme this year is in fact all about Gardens. Really interesting articles and coloured pictures.
I shall be starting my sourdough starter this week. In years past I used to make the starter just in time for Christmas and cinnamon buns but going to start a little early this time. The starter takes 10 days to ferment before it is ready to use in baking. The past few years I did not bother with sourdough but made Patty's recipe instead ( like tea biscuits) Going to be fun to taste the sourdough again.
Its soon time for a hair cut and likely make an appointment for this week coming. Fortunately I can hide it under a knitted hat these days but starting to bug me so I know I must do it NOW.
Last Wed Harry was successful in bidding on the online Coin Auction so decided to drive there right away. This is in Midland about 2 1/2 hours south west of here towards the Georgian Bay on Lake Huron. The morning was snowy and weather calling for blowing snow in those parts but off we went. To my delight the roads were clear south of us although we left in blustery conditions, and continued to be favourable through out the whole expedition.  On the way back we got a stone on the windshield. Couldn't see anything to show a mark or worse but yesterday when Harry turned the heat on high to clear the window, the shatter came right across the driver's view into the passengers view. So a quick phone call on my part to the Glass place in North Bay and we have an appointment Monday at 9 am. They will drive us to the Mall and so we can put in time ( about three hours) and likely spend a few dollars while we're at it.
 The other day when we went up to the see the live show ( Thursday) we went to Canadian Tire to look around - what a mad scene of people shoving and pushing - no carts available so I went out to parking lot and nabbed on. We did buy some stuff on sale but I tell you, these mad rushes are not my style. But, the Show was fantastic - well worth the free tickets I got to see it haha. I kept thinking of you Cathy and your production while I watched as I could imagine all the time and preparation that goes into such a marvellous presentation and yours the same. I so enjoyed it - Ebenezer - and adapted to the live stage so well
Well, I must have another coffee and sit by my tree before the day starts in earnest I am up early just to write a few words.  Have a pleasant weekend - Cathy tell us all about your show when you catch your breath OK? And Patty you will be busy preparing for the hanging of your Show Dec 2 so thinking of you both. Take care
s

No comments:

Post a Comment