Saturday, November 23, 2013

Just cold!

We are pretty well staying in the house, unless we REALLY have to go out.   David is looking forward to watching the football game tomorrow, but i'm not sure what I plan to do.  I can remember that stores etc would be empty during the game ( which was on Saturday then,) and the women would try to do some Christmas shopping. I also remember that when I first started to work for the Federal Government, that we got Nov 11th off and could accomplish a lot of shopping then.  My hands are quite sore, and I am only able to accomplish a very small amount of sewing before having to take a lengthy break.  The same with using a keyboard.  I still can't get my wedding ring on.

This fall we bought the whole series of Joe Pickett novels by C.J.Box, and I have been slowly working my way through them.  I have read a few of them before, and have always enjoyed them, but too many at one itme can get a little "gritty" for me, so I have been taking the occasional break with a Harlequin.  But this week a few of the older books in the Lucas Davenport series by John Sandford came in at the library (We ordered them quite awhile ago), so I am reading one of the very early ones of those.  Oh My!  How dated it is, but none the less true to the times.  I read John Sandford books when I can, but prefer the Virgil Flowers series.  It's a much shorter series and I think I've now read them all.

And if reading fails to keep me happy, there is a Dr. Who marathon, of sorts, on this weekend to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the series.  Google has an interactive thing-y that allows you to pick a Dr. and have him try to battle a Darlech.(sp?)  I couldn't get very far with it.  It  is very much like Pacman, I think, but then I never played Pacman.  Well, if all else fails, I think there is a new Bar Rescue.

When so very much is wrong or painful, it's hard to think about something for which I am grateful  I am grateful that I still have my vision--such as it is--so that reading and television remain options for me.  I am grateful that we have a warm house, and a full pantry.. I am. grateful for a second pair of hands, for those times when mine don't work.  And, I'm grateful that the city has not finalized plans to stop plowing residential strees, and deferred the decision until next March.

No comments:

Post a Comment