Thursday, November 7, 2013

Weather

I agree, as I am also very anxious with such inclement weather conditions and a few "nods" upstairs are usually my solution too! Glad you are now home, with money in your pocket, Metamucil in your purse, and that your cupboard holds more B&B.
I am sewing! I mentioned I was cleaning up in order to make the sewing machine usable. At the Habitat ReStore I bought a big piece of Christmas design flannel for $2.00. I cut it into 7 inch squares and started to sew it into a nice small throw. I am determined not to put any more costs into it but since  I am utilizing my fancy stitches and find I am using far more thread than usual, I will have to go to the Fabric store tomorrow to buy more. But the fact that I am sitting at my machine and sewing something thrills me to bits.
Harry made a huge roaster pan of cabbage rolls today and so we have lots to eat and lots in the freezer. And of course, I have about six cups of cooked rice leftover in the fridge so tomorrow I guess it will be creamy rice pudding that I will be making. Good that I like it so much.
Anyway, hoping that the snow will hold off here for awhile but the weather forecast begs to differ. I am reading Pride and Prejudice right now on my Kobo - this was one I downloaded free long ago. So it is off to bed now and hope the ground isn't too white when I get up. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment