Thursday, November 14, 2013

So, more surgery?

But you will have it fixed and that is what matters. Grace is right across the city too, so a really early start for you that morning. Will be thinking of you Jan 9 - the image of a golf ball under my hip lets me know totally how you have been feeling ugh!
I went to the Fabric Store in South River today and bought some more flannel (On sale but still expensive) The fabric I made into the little throw simply wasn't enough to make even a little throw so I plan to make two borders around the edges with more 7 inch squares and fancy it up a bit with decorative stitches. So buying a $2.00 piece of fabric did not pay off in the end but at least now, I will have something usable and useful.
We heard from Mike from the hunt camp - they now have three deer to share for the party of nine so he should get a good portion of meat. His girl friend  Erin,  is out pricing a taxidermist as Mike would like to have his 8 point buck mounted. Too bad Darren wasn't a little closer. If he can't get a good price, he said he would just take the rack.
I just watched the movie The Fisher King with Jeff Bridges and Robin Williams - not too bad. The temps are rising now and rain should be the order of the day for the next few days. At least it will thaw out the sump pump and tubes that have been frozen lying outside the last week. I will have to drain them once the rain ceases and box them up for winter.
We are getting tickets again to see the Scott Woods Band Christmas Show on Dec 4 up in Callander (just south of North Bay) This is fiddle music and dancing and singing and comedy all in one and we have enjoyed every show we've seen over last few years so expect this one not to disappoint!
Hope you all have a pleasant weekend. I hope to do some more sewing and maybe finish that throw, and finish backing the hooked rug - ambitious aren't I,  haha  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment