Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sweat jackets

Friday, I decided to wash the casual jackets that hang in the front closet. Some are sweat jackets, some corduroy, and a couple fleece. These are the ones that I throw on when heading outside, or down to the studio.  When I was working, my "uniform" was Alia pants and t-shirts with an over blouse, but now that I'm retired these sweat jackets have replaced the blouse.    I don't like washing the fleecy ones too often as, over time, they "pill, and loose their warmth, but eventually they need washing.  I probably should have done it last spring, but what the heck?  I just washed the ones out of the front closet, as the seven in the spare room haven't been worn-lately. The size of the pile surprised me, so when they came through ( two loads) I counted them. Including the ones in the spare room, I have 19 of them.  Who needs 19 casual jackets?

Three of them have never been worn! for some reason. One of them came through all covered with lint, that has to be pinched off, piece by piece.  I'm not sure about the future of that one, although it is one of the "good" ones that I could have worn out for "special".  A couple are getting a little "ratty", and will be relegated to painting days.  But--who needs 19 jackets? Well, we sorted them out and found--tada--ONE--that can be discarded,  but could still be used on really cold painting days.  No, it will probable go out with garbage, although the only problem is the stains.

I realize that this all comes from the days I was working.  I never had to buy a new outfit.  I bought the pants ad T-shirt in the new colour that came out every year, but kept re-cycling older outfits with new blouses.  Well, now my jeans, or black pants and t-shirts, go with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment