Sunday, November 24, 2013

Two Down

The day started at 1:45 this morning when I woke up and realized that I hadn't put my Wassail on to simmer.  So guess what I was doing at 2 am this morning.... at least I got it all ready to go last night.  Then this morning they called to tell me my meeting was cancelled. Yippee!  Jim was all set to make us breakfast since I didn't have to be out until 1pm. Oooops.  The people from Winnipeg were already on the way or here, Sooooo, Cathy was at VCC at 10am.  It was actually okay..  There were 3 people from Winnipeg and me.  Ron had come in last night, Caren had stayed with family at Onanole overnight and Richard (a brand new board member had driven in that morning) BUT,  we talked for 2 hours and came up with a lot of really good ideas.  Our Dickens reading when really well.  We were expecting 5 or 6 grade 5 students to sing a song.... instead there were about 20.  They were also first in line at the dainties.  5 or 6 each just to start.  I tried to get them to hold back but gave up and just took 3 trays off the table to put back out when the adults came through.  It was fine.  The audience was really supportive.  We had asked each reader that was a member of Whitemud to bring 1 or 2 dozen dainties.  John told his wife, and she made up a beautiful tray of assorted dainties, all wrapped up and tied with ribbon.  We ended up leaving it and offering it as a raffle prize.  All proceeds today went to the Christmas Hamper fund so it went to a good cause.  Next week is the play.  The caterer wants final numbers by 7:30 tomorrow morning.  I am assuming we will go ahead with the play, but I think we will loose money overall.  Neepawa is such a last minute town.  We will probably get all sorts of people phoning next week, but we will have to say no.  What a shame.  Oh well.  Next Sunday (Dec 1) is the Christmas concert at the Yellowhead.  It is advertised as the Choraliers concert, but all  sorts of singers perform... school choirs, church choirs, community choirs etc I went last year with Lynne and had a really good time, so we are going to go again.  Even though I really snapped at her today.  I apologized, cause she really didn't deserve it.  My only defense is exhaustion.  She was really good about it.  Oh!  Today Rrain was in the choir and had a solo.  She is really good!  I am so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment