Saturday, November 9, 2013

Trying to catch up

After being away for three days, I wanted to get back to studio work.  I had a particular piece that I wanted to work on--one that represented the last major piece for the show. Well today it went "south", and I have had to accept that what I have is what I have.  The up-side of this is that I got so frustrated that I cleaned out the bead cupboard, and managed to clear out enough stuff that there is now enough room for ALL the beads.  Or so I thought.  Then I discovered another box while starting upstairs.  I'll deal with that tomorrow.

Otherwise, some of my Ravenesque ladies are coming over for the day on Monday.  Not really what I would like to be doing, especially when one of them has invited herself for supper, as she has an evening meeting quite close and didn't want to go home in between.  This means tidying the upstairs kitchen, living room, and bathroom, as well as the basement. But I have to remind myself that there is "give" in relationships, as well as "take".  Which then reminds me how much I need and value my social relationships outside of the family, and how grateful I am to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment