Saturday, November 9, 2013

Wow!

We just came from the Legion Dinner and I got a service award.  Much to my embarrassment, when my name was called, everyone in the hall heard me say "for what?"  I was totally taken off guard.  It seems it was for all the little things that I do.  I guess I am sheltered, but I thought everyone helped out, but I guess not.  It was because I count the change from the poppy boxes and clear tables when needed and work behind the bar when they are short and stuff like that.  I am so thrilled!  I never expected anything for that!  This is so exciting!  Tomorrow is another rehearsal.  I am making Daddy's ribs for supper.  I cook them in the crock pot.  Keri will be over.  I have another rehearsal on Monday (for a different presentation)   Another strategic planning session onTuesday then rehearsals Wednesday and Thursday.  We both went to meat draw last night.  I have been staying home on Fridays but Kristy said they would be there so I went.  She was delayed at the doctor's and they didn't get there until almost 6:30.  Oh well.   It is still crazy at work.  I have 7 days of holidays and 5 days of overtime banked.  With only 3 of us I can't take them.  Could be interesting if they insist we all use our time before the new year!  This is way past my bedtime (Yes, it is not yet 10pm) but I haven't been sleeping well.  I sleep for 2 hours then toss and turn for 3 or 4, then doze until my alarm rings. Not very restful.. I got a letter from the sleep clinic.  I think it is about 2 years since the dr. recommended I go.  Maybe by next year I will have been assessed.   Jim is about to give Nika her medicine.  She hates it, but it works.  Jim swore he was having her put down by the end of October if I didn't do something about her bladder control.  She is not ready to go.  She is still happy.  I am really glad this medicine helped.    And yes, we have snow on the ground.  At least we didn't get what they got north of here.  Hopefully I will sleep tonight.  I am still so excited about this award!

No comments:

Post a Comment