Saturday, November 16, 2013

Busy Lives

Sorry to hear you are having surgery, Pati, but happy that it is not as serious as it might have been.  There is lots of snow falling here right now.  Looks like a blizzard outside with the wind and the snow.  Our rehearsals are starting to resemble a play.  Good thing since it is only 2 weeks away.  Next weekend is the Craft Sale on Saturday and the Dicken's reading on Sunday.  I also have an ACT Board meeting on Sunday morning, before Dickens.  Next week is the VCC AGM.  We have 3 new board members!  Quite an accomplishment these days.  Everyone is so busy that they don't have time to volunteer.  I am afraid that I will really have to bite the bullet and buy new clothes.  I kept hoping I would lose weight, but that is just not going to happen.  The clothes I have are starting to show their age.  I also discovered, onWednesday, that my shoes have a hole in the bottom.  How did you discover that, you ask?  Must have been all the rain and snow that fell and melted into puddles on the ground.  My feet were soaked!  Elizabeth and I seem to have the same warped sense of humour.  They finally finished up the work at the office.... okay, THEY say they are finished .... WE say there is a lot more to be done.  We couldn't resist opening a "Complaint Department".  You can't really read the sign in the picture.  Small pleasures for small minds.   

photo.JPG

It has been 11 months since we were told we were being sold and the deal still hasn't gone through.  It will be next year now, before it is finalized.  The original date was to be last June. As long as someone keeps paying me.  I would much rather win the lottery and retire, but that just doesn't seem to be working for me.   I would really like to get the signing bonus they offered.   Almost time to go grocery shopping.  My excitement for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment