Thursday, November 7, 2013

Home again with a little help from Above

Lovely trip.  We both enjoyed the time away, we did a bit of shopping, and came home with money in our pockets.  David found himself a new winter parka.  He really doesn't like shopping, for himself, and is never happy with anything I buy,  but he found the parka, as well as a new sweat jacket, and even some underwear.  In the same store. I found a blouse.  This is a discount store and you can never tell what you might find.  This blouse appears to be very well designed, and well made.  The name on the label isn't familiar, but it appears to have been a high end blouse.  It fits a little large, but the entire back panel is pleats, and it drapes and flows beautifully.  Machine washable, in white, and it cost me $10.98 plus tax.  Of course, I bought beads and fabric, but this year I gave Nordic Needle a miss, for the first time.  There is just nothing I needed to buy there--my work has changed so much over the past 10 years.

Coming home today, we ran into snow, just outside of Crookston.  It lasted all the way to Grand Forks, where it had been on the ground for awhile.  Everything was icy and cars were slipping and sliding.  We slowly made it to I29, where the ice was even worse.  We were sliding, and David didn't make it over 80km until we were well out of town.  (the speed limit is 70mph).  I was scared, as I usually am in such circumstances, but a couple of miles north of town the sky cleared, the snow disappeared, and there was no evidence it had ever been there.  And yes, I did say a little thank you prayer.  The icing on the cake was getting into Pembina and finding out that they still had some B&B left in the Duty Free.

The only down side to it was that I forgot my Metamucil and had to buy some on the way down.  With no way of measuring it, I took too much Tuesday night, and spent the next couple of days not wanting to get too far from the bathroom.  This can be a problem when you are travelling.

So now it's back to work.  Today, I can't tell you how very glad , and thankful, I am that the weather cleared enough for us to get home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment