Friday, November 21, 2014

A moments rest....

With first morning coffee in hand, I'll take a few moments to say a few words before another day begins haha!
This may not be Buffalo, NY, but I am totally consumed by this snow. I rather think your map Cathy, did not show the real story. I was out the entire day yesterday keeping ahead. I shoveled, and then the plow came so I shoveled again, and then I attempted the roof. I managed to get the back roofs cleared . I reach up about 6 to 8 feet down to the eaves as that is all I can reach with the snow rake and the ladder I am using - only a step ladder so is only so high. The raking is not the problem. That goes fairly easily. It is the removing of the piles of snow landing on the ground in huge piles- heavy hard snow.And where do you put it? I also got the two greenhouses and small shed cleared off. Today I shall attempt the front roof.  The big worry is that the temps are to rise on weekend with rain in the forecast and this means much concern for me here. But enough about this!
I was interested in your clothing musings. I seem to be in the same boat. I think it is the transition from working clothing that is no longer needed and so the cupboard now is the leftovers with little in way of nice stuff! I tend to wear the same thing at home - tee shirts and old slacks. If we go out, I put good underwear on, and go to the cupboard for the leftover blouses that are starting to look a bit weary.I have what I call "funeral" cloths at the back of the cupboard - purchased a few blouses etc when caring for Mother, but I have not had occasion to wear any of this. Maybe Pati, this is the "black" wear you speak of ....haha. I think we should all place a priority on our outward appearance - put a push on to try to look really classy. Your purchase of red gloves is your first move Pati, So what shall I do? And what about you Cathy? What shall be your first move? Lets share a bit of fun!! Maybe  help me with these snow blues.
Harry has just announced the desire to go to Huntsville today - we need a shelf for long play records which he collects, and maybe the Habitat Restore will have something. They have been on a plastic shelf unit and sagging terribly to point of worry of collapse. So we better rectify!
Have a wonderful weekend. Hope your events are very successful Cathy. Sound like fun. There is a Christmas craft Show here in Sundridge Sat but I don't think I will go. It frequently is the same people and stuff, and I often feel obliged to purchase something. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment