Saturday, November 29, 2014

Clean out the freezer

Today I pawed through the freezer and found tomatoes from September 2013.  I have stewed them up and now have 4 bags of tomato sauce and 6 bags of tomato stock.  We'll see how that goes.  Even after all these years, I still hate Christmas.  I just can't look forward to it.  I have had the Community Christmas Dinner at Chicken Delight to work at for the last few years, but Jean has cancelled it this year since she is not physically able to do all the work.  Now what do I do?  I know I have a granddaughter to spoil, but Kris won't give me any idea of what to get.  Even my being born present was just a token gift.  I asked about having a Christmas in July, but it seems that Sandi's father is taking the entire family on an Alaska cruise in July ( a Disney cruise .... that won't mean much to Chloe, but the rest of the grandchildren will be in heaven)  Nancy's son has given them most of their baby stuff, since they are done having kids, so that rules out the big items, so what do I do?  Kris is still sending me a "fix" of the day, so I have a picture of her every day so far.  I told him it was a lifetime commitment... we'll see how long that lasts. (hopefully for a long time) I am taking Monday off work..... the last of my banked overtime.  I think I still have 17 days holidays to take, too.  I don't want to start banking my holidays for retirement, 'cause they hold you to the date you give, and I have no idea if I can afford to retire within 5 years.... Mortgage, car payment, bank loan. credit cards.....yada yada yada.  We ratified our new contract with Teranet.  4 Years, with no lay offs.  Attrition is another issue.  I just can't seem to get all my work done.  When Mallorie was there I was doing a lot of her work for her... now it is just me and I can'/t keep up.  They never replace Mallorie so we are at only 4 people in the office.  The powers that be are focussing on "Global Distribution"  they don't seem to realize the time it takes to get documents ready to scan, scan and send off.  This is a really depressing post.  Things are not that bad.  I am just venting.  Time for a glass of wine and maybe even a bath.  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment