Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Computer time

Seems to have eluded me these few past days. Not that things are that busy. I hope to get on a bit later to write more but for now.....
We are covered with snow here and have been for past many days. I continue to bring in the pump, and then again last evening out it went again as temps increased and melting and drizzle occurred dripping off the roof into puddles at front. I shoveled for a bit but then gave up and set up the pump. Now already the temps have dropped and flurries are making they way into the area again so I have pulled the pump to the front stairs and will retrieve it when it gets lighter out.
We went to the Remembrance Day Ceremony at the Legion yesterday. Overflow crowd with standing room only. The guest speaker was the son of my hairdresser who was in Afghanistan the same time as Mike. He is in Hamilton now, and as I know from the hairdresser suffers from PTSD. He spoke of being a Veteran and how it seems strange for his generation of fellow soldiers to be so honoured. I always quietly go over to the far wall in legion where they have honoured the local young who serve in the Military which  includes a picture of my Mike. Brings tears to my eyes.
Time for my coffee before Harry gets up, and the day begins. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment