Friday, November 21, 2014

Internal feelings

Knowing that I'm subject to depression during the winter, my dressing well is a small step to feeling good inside.  So is my fondness for red shirts and blouses.  ( Did I say red?  Fuchsia might be closer.  Or even a bit of both).  I know that there are days when I consciously pick a red or fuchsia shirt just to feel good.  I also stick to jeans or black yoga pants because they go with everything.  However--I have my red gloves ( You can't beat 3 pair for $2.00)  I have my red hat.  I even found my red scarf!  So I'm ready for anything.

Yesterday we went through my trunks and picked 10 pieces to take to the sale on Dec 6th. With fussing around and forgotten things, I ended up going up and down the basement stairs 3 times. As part of feeling good, I made the decision to attend the Dec 7th meeting of my ATC group.  I had spoken to one of the ladies who assured me that I could just join them for lunch and not worry about having cards, but last evening I put together a dozen cards.  I just had fun, and didn't worry aobut themes or anything else.  I even had David bring my needle felting machine upstairs to use.  Then we couldn't find the foot control--one of the reasons for an extra trip down.  It wasn't where I remembered it last, nor where I remembered it being prior to that.   We finally found it about 30 seconds before we were both ready to start expressing our annoyance with the situation to each other.
Today is the Executive meeting of the group in which our small committee is having a tantrum.  One of the ladies is so upset with the situation that she has simply walked away, and will not be attending.  She has given me permission to speak on her behalf.  Wednesday I ran into the President of the organization and he asked if I would be attneding.  When I said yes, and told him about the lady who won't be there, he suggested that some of the things she vented to him a couple of weeks ago, didn't need to be brought up at the meeting. Well Yeah!  Some of the things she said could lead to law suits!

So a somewhat busy day today.  Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment