Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Lost days

Monday, David decided that we were going Christmas shopping, and would be trying to get everything done in one day.  I tried to get into every store,but didn't quite make it.  By the end of the day, I was exhausted, but still didn't sleep well.  With the changes in drugs, and routine, my allergies have flared up, especially at night.  I'm slowly sorting things out, but sleep is just not an  achievable dream.Tuesday was my follow-up visit with the surgeon, but we had the times mixed up and missed the appointment.Tuesday evening David took me out for supper--certainly not something that happens often.  For some reason the supper didn't sit well, and by the time I woke up this morning, I had one of the worst head colds I've had in years.  So today was just a lost day.  I didn't even get out of my nightie and slept most of the afternoon away.  I did get a few hexies done while sitting in front of the t.v. this evening. though.

David has been great through all of this. Today he even went out on his own and found a gift for Sheila.  He then went to Walmart to get me some Nyquil a found an item off Jessica's list.  We seem to be getting a lot of larger size  items this year, and I have no idea how I;m ever going to be able to wrap them.  Most of them are unusual shapes as well.  But we have a little extra money and I have even bought new and fresh gift wrap.  No more of "That present must be from Grandma as that's the wrapping paper she uses every year/".  But I wasn't able to find gift tags, so I made some. gluing sequins on little cards--great fun!  Yes, the height of my capabilities right now--gluing sequins on card stock.

So now I've had a shower, and my pills, and it's off to bed.  Today, I am grateful for Nyquil, and evne moreso for my soft bed and new duvet..

No comments:

Post a Comment