Saturday, November 8, 2014

Bedtime

It's only 8:00, but i suddenly realized that I'm exhausted.  David commented about the dark circles under my eyes this morning.  I thought I was sleeping fairly well, but it's a broken sleep, so I'm wondering if I should just give into it and go to bed.  My tea bag flicking has been going a little better. Three nights ago, I couldn't even get it as far as the counter,--splat--on the floor.  Two nights ago I hit the back splash, but last night, I actually got it in the sink.  A rim shot, to be sure, but it went in.

Today we made shortbread, and they are now hidden somewhere in the basement.  And the kitchen is actually tidy--an even bigger achievement than making the shortbread.  We have no plans to go out until, at least, next Wednesday.  (Plans may change)  This makes "cabin fever" a potential problem, that we don't usually face until February.  But my friend, Rose Anne will maybe be over to stitch on Tuesday afternoon, which will make a nice break.  I have been working on another piece in the Milky Way series, one I started in September.  I have reached the point of doing the beading, but find that my vision is now so poor that beading anything presents a challenge.  While I notice my coordination and hand control is slowly getting better, since the anesthetic, the vision isn't., and working on navy blue fabric with invisible thread can be frustrating.

Both Jessica and Samantha have birthdays this month.  (Jessica is having a sleepover party tonight)  I anticipated this and have gifts for both of them, but have yet to figure out a way to deliver them.  Gosh, I haven't even figured out a way to wrap them yet!

So no cats to wrangle, no labour contracts to negotiate, just a physiotherapist who says the most unusual things to all of th old ladies in my knee class, and the women take every word as gospel.  She has them eating vitamin E capsules and giving up Tylenol so that they can have a bit of wine.  Not his kid!!

No comments:

Post a Comment