Friday, November 14, 2014

Strange week

I feel quite guilty about not blogging sooner, but I have been in a bit of a fog, and the days just seem to run together---until Wednesday, that is.  In the morning we had a meeting of the workshop committee for the local art group I belong to.  It turned out to be a real gripe session ( the chair didn't attend--no reason or explanation, just a "no show")  In the end, we decided to "suspend operations pending direction from the Executive Committee".   Immediately following, there was a video presentation for the group as a whole, with the President in attendance.  Well, one vocal committee member , somewhat publicly, gave him chapter and verse about the discussion that had taken place previously.   As a result we have been invited to attend the next Executive committee meeting to present our case.  We were also given the go ahead to cancel a class and implement any other activities that would be required to shut down the committee for a few months. for the last two days, I have been on the computer steadily looking after all of the paperwork to do this, and in responding to flurries of e-mail re-hashing the meeting and venting.  Quite a few phone calls as well.  Interspersed in all of this there were also e-mail and phone calls from the committee chair, who has heard some of what is going on, but generally doesn't have clue about anything.  ( This was the main problem within the committee.  We have functioned in spite of her, not because of her)

Now, after the meeting, it was jump in the car and rush to Physio.  During class the Physio looked at my incision, as she does with everyone, and said " That looks too red to me.  I want you to keep a close eye on it and if it gets any worse, head for the doctor."  This morning David says " Is that ever red, and swollen too.  I think we need help".  So off to Misericordia Urgent Care, where I spent the day giving blood ( three times) being X-rayed, and waiting.   The doctor I saw felt that there was something going on, and that it felt  hot  and swollen.  So a lot of the time that I was waiting, he was trying to get hold of the surgeon.  Finally, given the results of blood test and in the opinion of the surgeon, there is probably not too much to worry about.  I have been instructed to re-start the NSAID's that I stopped on Monday, and contact the surgeon next Monday.  If there is still a problem, he will see me in his clinic on Tuesday.

I finally got home about 4:00 to a whole bunch of committee related e-mails and a phone message from one of the other committee members, who has just lost it.  She is trying to deal with a very recent bereavement, and some urgent contract work she has been doing this fall.  We spoke, or rather, she vented, for almost an hour.  

It is now 8:30, and tomorrow we have to look forward to all of the grocery shopping that didn't get done today.  I had actually planned to try the basement stairs tomorrow.  I have finished the beading on my piece and can't go any further without a trip down there.  I have a whole list of things to bring up (including hexies, Beth)

No comments:

Post a Comment