Monday, November 3, 2014

More silliness or a new Olympic event

It is my habit to have a cup of herbal tea before bed.  I put the tea bag in a mug, with water, and then I heat it in the microwave.  I carry the steeping tea to the table and sit down.  When it is finished steeping, there is the problem of what to do with the tea bag. For quite some time, I have picked it up with my spoon and flicked it toward the sink.  My aim became quite good and I rarely missed ( full drop right into the sink without hitting anything else on the way)  Since coming out of the hospital, my aim is terrible.  Now this isn't the sort of thing one can practice often--tea bags are just too expensive.  And walking over to pick the tea bag up off the floor is awkward.  But I shall persevere!

Saturday we went shopping for a few odds and ends.  I ended up getting a box of 50 Clover Wonder Clips ( I think that's what they're called)  Last evening I sewed the binding on a small quilt, and just can't believe how much easier the job was.  I paid $38 for them, as I didn't have a Michael's coupon.  We also went to Sears and bought 4 pair of "all day" socks.  These are the ones with no elastic and very loose fitting, although the ones I got also had a padded sole.  I so wish I could wear my compression stockings, but I've been told "no" because they are worried about clots.  But on the other hand, I have no idea how we would get the compression stockings on, in the first place.  Otherwise, the physio gave me permission to use my cane instead of the walker, when I saw her on Friday, and and I have been.  I can perform most of my tasks that take place on the first floor, but have yet to venture downstairs ( and that is just fine)

Otherwise we "carry on, carrying on".  We have food, we are warm, and David has another wine kit on the go.  What more could we ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment