Saturday, November 15, 2014

What a day!

We wanted to try to do our shopping in the most efficient way.  We planned a route, choosing Walmart to pick up a prescription first.  Trying to increase our efficiency, David suggested checking groceries there.  Yes, I confess, after years of resisting , I bought groceries at Walmart.  I'm so ashamed. After stopping at Timmie's for a can of cappuccino mix, we headed to Sobey's.  I can't get a scooter there so David went in on his own.  It took ages.  I was comfy sitting in the warm car with my Cafe Mocha and a book, but I guess it was traumatic for him.  Out he came and we went straight home.  The rest will just have to wait for another day.  I guess that;s what you get for shopping on Saturday.

I made it downstairs today.  We brought up a laundry basket of "stuff" including my hexies.  After supper, I spent sometime doing the last bit of work on my most recent "art" piece.  It is now ready for hand finishing.  Not my best work but an original piece,and it's been quite awhile since I did one of those. so time to relax and play with hexies.  I discovered that the paper hexies I have are actually 3/4' hexies.  I had thought they were one inchers.  I also have some plastic 1 1/2" forms,,,,,and found a 1 1/4" in template that appeared to be the size I wanted.  So I spent over an hour tracing and cutting out 1 1/4" paper pieces, then took a break and started to play at arranging them.  That was when I discovered that the template I was using was a pentagon not a hexagon.  ARG-G-G-H!!

So--time to quite and play poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment