Saturday, February 21, 2015

Never Volunteer!

Ask me how I know.   I have really enjoyed my time working on a small committee organizing a display and demonstration day for our local art group.  But suddenly, I have found myself doing publicity.  I have done a lot of volunteer work over the years, and have put in a lot of effort to make sure I never had to do anything remotely related to either publicity or fund raising.  How did this happen!?!  Ah well, 't will work out, maybe not as well as others think it should,but I'll do my best----and then run for the hills!

Cathy, with your computer down, you maybe didn't get my question about whether you will need one night or two when you come to celebrate our anniversary with us in December.  I will gladly put you  up at a hotel, as there is just no way I can offer you a bed here.  But,considering the time of year, I would like to make reservations as soon as possible.  I know that Jim has to make arrangements for the animals, and this may influence how long you can stay.

Going through my storage room, I found four sets of wooden purse handles.  Now I have an excuse to continue making hexies!  I have one knitting bag planned and yesterday, David took me to the LQS  ( Local Quilt Store) to buy fabric for lining etc.  Two of the sets are obviously homemade and may not be useful for anything I might want to sell one day, but the other two should be fine. 

We are staying in where it's warm.  Since I can no longer read the newspaper comfortably, we have been trying to watch the news on tv.  And there is news there--over and over again.  Arg-h-h-h!  So I seem to be developing the habit of watching the National at 10:00, rather than three or four times earlier in the day.  So bed time gets later and later, and breakfast gets later and later.  Well, today I had breakfast for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment