Friday, February 13, 2015

not only quiet times but colder than usual times.....

Records broken last night for coldest temperatures- all buses cancelled - and I cannot see into the greenhouse because all windows are frozen over. Don't know how things are in there but it would be a hard job for the heater to keep up with these temps outside. And the wind was fierce yesterday.blowing my blankets off the door and I had to make some revisions quickly that maybe weren't too effective! Oh joy! Thank goodness we have held off heating up the little greenhouse so far.( I have had to do some advocacy work on this front haha!) I am so tired of this winter already - lets see some signs of Spring. Speaking of which, is anyone else thinking the same - maybe a trip south to warmer climates??  I went into the Bus depot last week and discussed travel plans with the attendants for Winnipeg for late December. They thought it was prudent on my part to start to enquire now. I can get an advanced discount to book 21 days ahead and get almost $200 off rate. But the dates are particular around that time of year and can't really get the dates I would like. Looks like, if I am able to come, that I would arrive Dec 27 at 0730 am and leave Jan 1 at 1030pm. I needed to look into it now so that I could start to "anticipate" haha!  Time and situation will dictate ultimate action plans.
I made some fresh pasta in the machine yesterday - fettuccine. Then dehydrated it in the dehydrator. And then cooked it for supper. Seemed like a silly thing to do but needed to see how it would turn out. The last batch I made was air dried and put into a container, but obviously not dried enough because it spoiled and had to be thrown out. I think dehydrating may be the answer if I wish to make enough to store some for another meal.
Well, weekend here again, not that it really matters? Today we plan to go the open house at the new Pet Store here in Sundridge and then to North Bay because the Thrift Store is closing to move to another location and may be discounts, and then I think Harry wants to go to Target but as I hear there aren't really any bargains to be had.
I still work on my hexis when time allows, and reading another John Sandford book from the library while I wait for the ordered next copy of The Kidd Novels to arrive.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment