Friday, February 27, 2015

Pork chops and Tarot cards

I,  just as often as frying, use Shake'n'Bake for pork, and cook them in the oven.  When I use the Shake'n'Bake, the first time, I freeze the leftovers for the next time, so each box does us for 4 meals.  Boneless pork or chicken, takes the about same time in the oven as frozen French Fries, so it makes a quick and easy meal.  I plan to try using the little pork chops for stir-fries by cutting them into thin strips, That cut can also make a dish we like, by dredging the strips in flour and browning them off, and then putting them in a casserole with honey garlic B-B-Q sauce, and cooking in the oven for 30-40 minutes.  The skewers worked fairly well, and I imagine I could have used several other salad dressings for marinade.  Anything with citrus would probably work well.  We often find the little pork chops for $1.00 each, so that sure helps the budget, but will probably change given the current exchange rate.

I never thought of making a silk bag for my Tarot cards.  What a neat idea!  After all, I have a fancy little embroidered bag for my Rune stones.  The cards just sit in the original box on my bookshelf, but I have a lot ( a whole plastic tub) of silk and silk remnants.  I once bought several bags of re-cycled Kimono silk pieces, some pretty small.  I have used them making eye glass cases, but this would be a good use too.  Something I read( I have no idea where) said that Rune stones must be cast on silk.  I've thought of making a piece for that--just because.

Now,  anyone reading this will assume we are very creepy, superstitious people, but I really like the idea in the Kidd Novels, where the Tarot is just a spring board to creative thinking, which, of course, is how we use the Rune stones as well.

Even with grocery prices being as high as they are, we had enough left over this month to buy a wine kit.  We have had a lot of problems with the the last few kits we bought, even though we have used the same brand for years, so we bought a slightly more expensive brand and hope for a good product.  The fellow in the wine store said that there had been a lot of recent problems with the other brand, and a lot of his customers were changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment