Sunday, February 1, 2015

Ther are days...

and then there are days.  Our kitchen fridge has been dying for a while now.  We tried to get it going, but 50is as low as it can get.  So today Jim decided we would switch the beer fridge with the kitchen fridge.  We now have 2 empty fridges.  One in the middle of the kitchen and one on the landing 1/2 way up the stairs from the basement.  The chicken wings I have out for supper are sitting on the counter in a bucket of snow.  Everything else is just going to have to survive.  I can't cook the wings 'cause the fridge is parked in front of the oven. And the counter tops and table are covered with the food and shelves from the fridge. HELP!!   Jim texted Rodney.  He is in Brandon, but will come over as soon as he gets home.  The Hutterites are in church until this afternoon so we can`t call them. I am sending Jim to town to buy a case of beer.  When Rodney gets here I want to have something to offer him.  Now to see if I can fit around all the fridges and find my way downstairs without getting stuck.  A good reason to lose weight, but I sure hope the fridges are moved before I lose enough to squeeze by!  On a scary note, I honestly thought Jim was going to die right there on the stairs.  55 years of smoking have taken their tole on his lungs.  He is upset now because he knows he used to be able to do things like move appliances without even thinking about it.  At least now he knows for sure that he can`t and he won`t try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment