Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Small Pleasures

Sounds like exactly the sort of day that would be perfect for someone who relishes small pleasures.  Even exploring thrift stores and antique vendors, can provide pleasure--but you actually got to buy something!  And I know you've had your eye on that tin for quite some time, so finding it even cheaper was a bonus.  A little like me at the Quilt Market.  I got to see everything, talk to other ladies, and actually buy something.  A good day.

Have you looked for, or maybe even, found your "jelly roll'?

Today my Tuesday Stitchers met, at my friend Maureen's house.   The cold is persisting, and today also had wind, So it was good that my friend Susanne offered me a ride.  I don't think I could have persuaded David to go outside for any reason.   Although the garbage and recycling has to go out to the curb tonight--we'll see how that goes.  Coming home from St. Vital, the wind had picked up and it was pretty well white out conditions.  Susanne took an alternate route through residential streets that helped a bit, but after dropping me off, she was heading home, North of Bird's Hill, and  out near Lockport.  She is dog sitting and needed to get home to the animals, but was then heading back into the city.  Not my idea of fun.

So for tonight, we are hunkered down, keeping warm, and probably playing poker on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment