Monday, February 2, 2015

Thank goodness for the snow....

Doesn't replace the comfort of a working refrigerator, but some consolation that it may keep some things cool while you wait for help. Sorry to hear of this Cathy and hoping that both you and Jim are not suffering physically from this event.  I was trying to picture the process of bringing a fridge up those stairs on your own - can't imagine it! What's the latest?
I went to North Bay today on my own, to enquire about my earring, and to go to Bell to get a new cell phone. I negotiated a new plan over the phone on Friday, and was told I could just go into the store to get my new phone.  On the first point, I was again disappointed as the found earring was NOT mine. On the second point, I was disappointed because the store did NOT have my negotiated (free) phone in stock!  So I shopped for groceries, visited Mike, and visit Willie, and then came home!
Harry started to plant seeds today and now the tables in the front room and set up, and covered. I expect that tomorrow I shall be trying to set up the heaters etc..
Yesterday I spent the entire day sewing a backing on the finished hooked rug we made for Mike. Harry did the hooking after I sewed Mike's Algonquin Regimental Emblem I bought onto the centre. I took it to Mike today and he is thrilled.
Still freezing in these parts and from what I hear on the news and on WFP website, you folks are no different.  I had to get up last night a get a blanket to keep me warm. I had taken my duvet off a few weeks ago as I was finding it too warm but I'm sure I would have enjoyed still having it last night.
Enjoy your banana cake Pati - I can almost taste it myself just thinking about it -yum!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment