Saturday, February 14, 2015

You were right on Pati.....

.....and it is here now! Nothing but snow squalls, so windy, and so cold. The squalls blew the snows onto the front porch and door. We opened the door to sweep it away when the dog wanted out, and then we couldn't get the door closed. Harry had to really slam it, and to get it open he has a flat file tool to pry it at the bottom. Now I am afraid to try it.  You could say now, that I am really stuck in the house haha !
We managed to open the big greenhouse today in order to water the plants. It was a fast chore so as not to let much of the heat out. Before that I was able to clean the snow off the little greenhouse roof, but we are not going to try to get it functioning for awhile.
Seems I only tell you about our awful weather and the greenhouses. Maybe I should get a life??  Or better still, why don't you both tell me what exciting things you are doing!  Off to bed to read some more....Take care
ps. I made another banana cake with maple icing today. Seems the one I made at the beginning of the week disappeared somehow?  I, too, put too much maple in the icing this time, but it tastes wonderful. I even decorated it with a big icing heart for Valentine's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment