Thursday, July 9, 2015

A warm fuzzy in the mail

Well, a surprise in any case.  We got out Senior's School Tax Rebate.  I had forgotten all about it!  And it was about double last year's.  This is proving to be an expensive month, and one with 5 weeks between pay days, so, needless to say, a welcome surprise.  We've been careful--not even a trip to Tim Horton's, but maybe we can breath for now.

But we did make one extravagant purchase.   I am getting quite tired of chicken breast.  On Tuesday I had such a craving for beef!  I asked if we could go to the store and just look at the beef.  Well, we found  a small ( supper for two) pot roast.  The price. of course, was outrageous, but the roast was delicious.

The last couple of days I've been working in the studio--(mainly to stay out of the heat), and today we were ready to spray baste some wall hangings I've been working on.  David set everything up in the garage and we spent most of the morning out there cutting batting and putting together the pieces, ready for quilting.  They may languish in my closet for awhile, but when I'm ready, they will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment