Monday, July 6, 2015

more flowers

Guess there's a lot of crap around right now, Cathy!  Glad you took care of the problem.

The jelly is made. Thirteen lovely ruby red jars.  David will enjoy them over the winter.  But by the time the supplies are purchased, the berries picked, cleaned and processed, the jars washed and sterilized, the various accouterments collected, cleaned and sterilized, and the darn stuff cooked, jarred, labeled and put away,and then the kitchen cleaned up, each jar can be called an extravagance .  It ain't cheap!

While David was out picking berries, he acquired/picked me a rose.  A lovely tiny rose in a delicate blush.  We don't grow roses in our yard.  H-m-m-m??


Last night was rough, and I was up for a couple of hours between 5 and 7 this morning.  I can see why that time of day appeals to you, Beth. Quiet, calm no one about--.a very meditative time,   But for me, no lake, no dog--so I grabbed a quilt to keep me warm, and went back to bed.

This morning, I had an appointment to get my toe nails cut.  I've tried twice since my surgery, and it just isn't going to happen.  But this also means that I have my lovely fuchsia nail polish back.  Things seem to be progressing in fits and starts, Three times now, I've been forced to slow down, and go back a couple of steps. I find myself feeling as though I've had enough.  It's time for this to be over ( it's been going on for 2 years this month.)  So I'm looking for ways of making myself feel better about my self and my situation.  Paying for my toe nails was one way,  I wore my new jacket for the trip, ( it's much cooler here today)and bought alcohol inks to play with on the way home.  Sure hope it works


No comments:

Post a Comment