Sunday, July 26, 2015

Dare I say it out loud?

I don't think I have a commitment until September.  That is 6 weeks just for me (and the garden and the house......)  I only had a 2 hour shift at the antique sale today.  I worked with Chris Waddell (her husband is former mayor and owns the Neepawa Banner)  Much to my delight we had a wonderful conversation for the entire shift.  Together we solved most of the problems of the community :) .  We even had a number of secret pleasures in common (like being polite to people we don't like  or who don't like us)  It was an eye opening experience that I enjoyed.  Rrain had the entire day to work at the sale and then a meeting tonight.  She is taking tomorrow off work. It is so hot and muggy right now that I think supper will be cold ham and beans ( and the first tomato from the garden and a cucumber! mmmmmmmm!)  The forecast is for rain tomorrow instead of the thunderstorm watch that never develops.  We need the release from the humidity.  It will be early to bed for me tonight, mostly because I have no concerns anymore.  I will be able to sleep without being worried about tomorrow's commitment.  (It will be work and nothing else,  unless you count having to freeze more beans)  I was going to make cream of broccoli soup today but it is too hot.  I think I will freeze the broccoli and make it when it is cooler outside.  Yesterday's events went really well, even though the attendance wasn't great.  All the feedback was positive, so maybe we will do it again next year.  Loren and family stopped by on their way home, so I got to spend a bit of time with them, and I got to meet Sheila.  They bought 2 cherry pies to take home.  The Hutterites make them from fresh cherries and that is what Sheila remembered from her childhood.  Now is time to relax and enjoy the rest of the day.   Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment