Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Quiche

I sort of work with this recipe (and the one from the carnation milk can)

Preheat oven to about 350 or 375.   You know your own oven best.

Frozen Deep Dish Pie crust.  You can prebake for about 10 minutes if you want. Or if you are really talented, make your own pie crust. 

1 1/2 - 2 c filling (chopped onions, cooked chopped bacon, shredded cheese (swiss is best.  Chedder is kind of greasy), mushrooms,  brocolli or whatever)
4 eggs
 1 1/2 c carnation evaporated milk
1/4 - 1/2 tsp herbs (your choice)
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1/4 tsp pepper (optional)
1 tbsp flour  ( sometimes I use this,  sometimes not)

If using the flour, I mix the flour and all my fillings together and spread on bottom of crust.  If not I just dump the fillings in)
Beat the eggs and combine with the milk and seasonings.  Pour into pie shell.  Cook until knife inserted in middle comes out clean. About 35 minutes.  Let stand for 5 - 10 minutes before eating.

They had the office decorated really nice for the party.  I will try to get a picture from my phone for later.  Right now my computer won't talk to my phone.




No comments:

Post a Comment