Sunday, July 12, 2015

Pacing the work

It's funny how the priorities change, as nature dictates our abilities.  Ever since this journey started I've been more and more aware of the need to pace my work.  I will frequently sit for 5 minutes for a gulp of tea and 3 or 4 pages in a book, in the middle of a job.  I think of the old adage of work expanding to fill the time allotted to it, but this is more than that.  The work gets done at a pace that suits me.  But, along with that, my standards have changed, and in some ways, my methods.  This spring has involved lots and lots of experiments to find out what can safely go through the dishwasher and what can't.   David believes that the process took a tiny chip out of his wine glass, so now that gets washed by hand, and maybe not as quickly as he would like.  It destroyed the surface of one of the Teflon frying pans, but only one.  So now I spay that pan when I use it.  And what can't go in the machine, piles up on the counter for a day or two.

The heat isn't bothering us as much as it could, as we've had the A/C on for the last week.  Neither of us likes sleeping with it on, but we are.  I have been trying to taper off my Tylenol, and sleeping pills.  I managed 5 nights without the sleeping pills, but have found that I'm waking very early without the Tylenol, and have taken a small dose of the sleeping aid between 4-5 in the morning, the last two nights. And I'm sore and cranky.

Not much on for the next week, nor the weeks after that.  My Physio is off on holidays starting next Friday, so I fully expect to be kicked out of class on Friday, by her replacement.  Their guideline for d/c is when you have 110 degrees of flexion, regardless of how you are managing otherwise.  My problem is strength--I haven't any. Oh well......


No comments:

Post a Comment