Monday, July 13, 2015

Holidays

Starting my second week now.  They sure go fast.  You wait all year and then "BAM"  They are done.  Tim and family arrived on Friday, and we had some friends over on Saturday.  One of Cheryl's friends, who had moved to Winnipeg, came out on Saturday afternoon and he stayed the night.  Rodney & Kristy came over and Kellie & Tyler.  Tim's two girls ended up going to a party with Rodney's daughter Jen.   They were supposed to stay but decided they wanted to come home around 12;30 and phoned for a ride.  They only one not drinking was Kellie, but she had never been there so Rodney went along to show her the way and Tyler decide he wanted to see the place. (Bush party with a cabin, and outdoor bar and porta potties and a home made water slide where they pump the water from the creek and come down a  long hill.)  Anyway, they stayed over an hour and 1/2 just checking the place out.  By the time everyone had gotten home and had a drink and finally gone to bed, it was after 3 AM (Yes, Cathy,the 9:30pm bedtime girl)  It has been so hot and muggy out.  It might cool down a bit this week.  They keep forecasting rain and thunderstorms but all we get is the light show. Today I have to cook 2 quiches to take to work tomorrow morning.  I will make 4 and leave 2 here for the others to eat, but it means heating up the kitchen again.  They are only a few days of the year when I really wish I had A/C and this past week has been all of them.  I had a pleasant surprise when I went back to the dentist on Friday.  He wanted to shave down and smooth the edges of a couple of my fillings (one I got from Dr. Tregabov!)  When I went to pay - "No Charge".  He must have felt bad for taking over an hour to pull my tooth last week.  I am the only one up right now so I am taking my tea outside to drink and check out the garden.  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment