Wednesday, July 1, 2015

And a Happy Day to you folks....

Here it is cold and wet. I wish I could take a coffee and sit outside as well, but it is really too miserable today.  Fortunately, lots to do inside. Yesterday we went to Huntsville to the ReStore, and other equally amusing stores.  I bought a cookbook at the ReStore The Classic Herb Cookbook by Jill Norman.  It is fascinating to read through and admire all the very well laid out photos. All the herbs and eatable flowers etc are highlighted in detail. and the recipes all have pictures and detailed instructions.  I just made Parsley Soup and enjoyed a bowl before sitting down to check the blog. Not what I thought it would be but nevertheless very delicious. It can be eaten warm or cold - I choose warm but there is enough left over that I'll try it cold later.
Cathy, you got me interested in herbs and herb gardens a while back, and now with this book I am even more enthused to learn more. For example I have been weeding our garden frequently and pulling out a weed that looks like clover leaves. Apparently this is wood sorrel and eatable. I tried eating some yesterday while reading the book. Not that I am now going to save all my weeds!! but interesting.  I don't have any cucumbers like you describe. My zucchini is too small yet to see it growing tall. We have planted cucumbers along the fencing and tie them up so some are climbing but not on their own. You are right - very strange. Keep us informed as to their progress. Your picture of the peony Pati  made me go out to look at mine. This flower is so very beautiful. I have doubles like your pink one and then a deeper rose coloured single. I also have double white which is gorgeous. I would like to take a picture and send but that technology eludes me haha
At the Dollar Tree ( you can see we shop at all the best stores)  I finally bought a calligraphy pen that I had been looking at for a few trips now. This is to do a "tangle" Surprise. I wanted to try since you mentioned it long ago Pati but never had a pen to start. It's not the pen they suggest in the instructions off the web, but it will do for now. I started a simple one but have yet to do any more- not what they suggest either in the instructions - you are to take the time to relax, and draw, and enjoy the experience but that may come later for me.
Hydro are working closer to our house now. I mentioned a while ago that they are digging and putting in new underground wires all along the streets.  They have dumped long pipes about 8 inch in diameter in our ditch. They will have to dig across our driveway as I witnessed them doing in the next street but it will be fast I think without too much disruption. As a result I got out of cutting the grass again - the pipes are covering all the lawn where they shall be digging so I couldn't get near with the lawnmower.
I can't seem to eat my way through all the lettuce we have - I have been having sandwiches, and big salads for the last few days and still have two big bags in the fridge and pots of it ready to cut (more than ready) outside. Too bad iI couldn't send some your way "on the bus"
Well, time to get back to nothing. I could do the wash but not interested. I could tidy up, but not interested. I'm like you today Cathy - just want to do what I want to do!   Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment