Saturday, July 25, 2015

Saturday!!? You say it's Saturday?

Loosing track of the days is one of the first signs, isn't it?  Oh Well, better one of the first signs than one of the last.  The crazy old lady hit a new low.  Her "Grannie" panties are big enough that she was able to get both legs into one space and not realize it until she stood up.  Not pretty!

Wednesday --as predicted--I was discharged from Physio.  She let me do my exercises, then put me through a thorough re-assessment, then put me through a revised exercise program.  Needless to say on Thursday I hurt all over and could barely walk.  We were up early and David took the car in for scheduled maintenance  and oil change.  Hard to believe it's been three years since we got it.  I've never forgotten getting the bank draft, and then showing up at the dealership the next day, each thinking the other had brought the money, and neither of us being able to remember where it was. Talk about panic!  But we found it, and Beth, you were able to observe us running around in a panic!

While he was gone, I processed all of the turkey for the freezer, including turning the stock into gravy.  Once the work started it never stopped, and by bedtime I was literally exhausted.  We were in bed before 10:00--about 2 hours early for us.  

As I'm slowly getting better, I'm finding little jobs that have been neglected for far too long.  I have women coming over for a meeting next Thursday, so started to tidy the basement today.  If you remember, over the bar, I have a little roof covered with cedar shingles.  Purely decorative.  But it attracts dust like nobody's business, so today I wanted to vacuum it.  I haven't had to do any vacuuming for a few years ( since I broke my shoulder tripping over the vacuum cleaner).  Well, I turned the beast on and only got a whine.  Sure enough, the bag was not only full, but full to the point of bursting.  Did we have any more bags?  Panic!  But luck--we didn't have to re-cycle the old bag.

Cathy, in some ways I envy you with your active social life.  You get out and spend time around people.  I miss that, and see our life getting more and more restrictive.  Make sure that doesn't happen to you.  but at the same time, you need some time to veg out.  Balance--I wish I could find it.  Is the antique sale a fund raiser?

No comments:

Post a Comment